For extensive information on care, maintenance and cleaning stone surfaces we can provide a brochure from the Marble Institute of America.
All installations are treated with a high quality impregnating sealer. Care and regular cleanliness will prevent all or most potential problems. If any staining, discoloration, water marks etc., should arise we can advise you on the best solution, along with the brochure most situations can be resolved.
The following information is intended instruction for polished granite and marble surfaces.
It is recommended that you clean your granite countertops with either mild soap and water or a cleaner specifically made for stone surfaces.
- DO dust mop floors frequently.
- DO clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone cleaner.
- DO thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after cleaning with soap.
- DO blot up spills immediately.
- DO protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs and counter tops surfaces with coasters, trivets or placements.
- DON’T use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces.
- DON’T use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- DON’T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners or soft cleansers.
- DON’T mix bleach and ammonia! this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- DON’T ever mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so.